These rabbit fur rats were a welcome home gift from their Aunt Gannon. These are undoubtedly their FAVORITE toys in the whole wide world. I hate them. A lot. For hours they smack, pounce, push and drag these things around the house. It gets so bad I have to pick ALL 16 of them up at night just so I can get some sleep. Thanks Gan.
9 comments:
I'm the proudest kitty Aunt in the world! and have to admit I got a subtle swell of pride when the boys took to the little mice so fondly. My cat Toulouse (who was also a crazy kitten once upon a time) has similar mice and they are hands down her favorite toys. Another bonus, I found mice that match Cori's colorful apartment...
I do like to match!!
Hilarious, Cori, the boys will be boys. Let them bounce and pounce with the noisy things during the day then (until they've grown up a bit) hide them at night. P.S. I had one kitty who ATE the tails off those rats so when I buy replacements I rip off the tails.....
Good to know!!!
OMG, our little boy loves loves loves those little furry mice! we give them to him one or two at a time, but he knows where they are kept and tries to steal them. He completely massacres them, dunking them in his water and leaving them in his sisters food bowl. The other day we found the hide of one under a cabinet while doing some cleaning and he has completely reclaimed it - playing with it for hours (and yes, it's currently in his sisters food bowl). Enjoy their antics!!
well... boys will be boys.. LOL My boy eats the tails off those mice too...LOL And my girl (when she was younger) would actually play fetch with them. But enjoy the craziness now.. my kitties are all getting older and a bit more lazy, not so much into the playing as they use to be.
If your lucky they never grow out of crazy play time. Put me in the ranks of those who love your blog and getting to see IBKC grads grow. Mime play really rough so I buy them "Dr. Noy" toys, some of the cat ones and a few of the dog ones. It's the same company that makes Kong chew toys for dogs. The squeaky parts are removable/replaceable and the medium and large ones come with a fleecy pillow insert that acts as stuffing and also makes a great toy. All have a pocket that closes with velcro for a bit of nip and are washable. One of my cats likes to pile the "glitter" balls in the water dish (center part shrinks a bit).
LOL ahmcguffin, the water bowl sees a lot of action in my house too!
My cats enjoy peeling the flesh off the fur mice, then chasing the innards around the house. It's a little gross if you think about it too much.
Post a Comment