


My grandmother was a librarian and every year on my birthday, Christmas, etc., she would give me books. One year she gave me a couple of volumes of
Calvin and Hobbes and I was hooked. It was witty, funny and Hobbes was the perfect mix of tiger and kitten. Sometimes, when Elvis sleeps on his back(or divebombs my toes from under the couch) I am instantly reminded of Calvin's friend Hobbes. Cuddly, yet slightly predatory. Make no mistake, I've snuggled that furry kitty belly when he was fast asleep only to have him wake up, baby claws tangled in my hair. Was it worth it?
Band-aids: $3.15
Nail Clippers: $1.99
3 seconds of uninterrupted kitty belly snorgling: Priceless
5 comments:
Worth it, indeed, and then some!
LOL! So cute! Elvis is totally a little Hobbes-like baby tiger that acts all proud and innocent at the same time...
So worth it! I understand completely. Tiger Lily (now 1 yr old) a tiny rescue kitten is the alpha kitty of our three. Small but mighty. Stolen speckled belly kisses are delicious.
--Andrea
Maybe it's the stripey-tabby thing, but it's a wonder I haven't sucked my Lilliane's face right off the front of her head! I started early, so she comes looking for it now.....I have to admit, I horrified a visiting friend by scooping Lilli up and crooning "Mama gonna suck out your EYEBALLS".....yes, my dear. Priceless indeed. And your sharing of those pictures? BEYOND priceless.
Well worth it, as we all can attest!! What is a kitten scratch compared to all that love!
BTW - My best friend has two cats names Calvin and Hobbes!
Post a Comment