Whew!!!! It's been a super gnarly couple of days around the manor. First of all, I decided to move, which is stress enough as all of you know. Then, horrors of horrors, I got food poisoning that lasted about 24 hours. If you've ever had food poisoning you know that one hour feels like an eternity. I was so ill I didn't even realize there was an earthquake until I read the boys comment page this morning. We are fine by the way. Things are starting to perk up around here, though, and I was able to view a really fantastic apartment this weekend which I know the boys will love. It is much bigger than our home now and full of windows and light. Best of all, outside of the bedroom window is a huge tree. With birds. And squirrels. I think we're gonna like it there.
P.S. Both boys were award-winning nurses this week. Albert curled up on my tummy like the best-est of hot water bottles and Elvis was right there with his head in my cup of water, sipping and testing it to make sure it was safe for my sensitive body to drink. At least... that's what I think he was doing.
6 comments:
I'm sorry you were sick, but glad you're doing okay and had the boys there for you while you weren't feeling well.
It sounds like they'll really like the new apartment. We're going to be moving this month (which I really not the smartest thing since it's the time of year where we have to work Monday through Saturday) and we're not going to have as many trees and such as we do at the apartment that we're in now. So I'm worried that Chloe won't be as entertained, but I think I'm going to set up a bird feeder so that she'll still have birds to watch.
Good luck with the move, I'm sure the boys will get acclimated to their new home in no time at all.
FP sucks big time. I am glad you are atleast sounding better. Kitteh floof is the best thing to make you feel better...It sounds like your new apt will hold much fun for the bebehs. Good luck!
Oh, you poor thing! Glad you're feeling better and that the boys were good nurses.
Ugh...food poisoning is awful and moving is super stressful, but I'm glad that you have your two knights in shining armor (or in shiny tabby fur) to keep you company and make sure your water's safe and your tummy's warm...purrs from kitties are the best medicine ever!
I hope you are feeling better! I too think that there is no better medicine than some kitty lovin'!
Patti in KY
I don't care what naysayers say (along with "nay"); cats ARE natural nurses. They absolutely know when you're off your game. When I had stomach surgery some years back my precious Othello never left my side while I was awake, and just curled up very gently next to me with his head on my chest. Only when I was asleep did he go eat and play and visit his box. (The husband was the observer-reporter.) I, too, am VERY glad you're over the yuccchh though. It's foul.
Post a Comment