Monday, December 6, 2010

Seattle Snow Day


Snow Day, originally uploaded by CoriK..
We live at the top of a hill that is routinely shut down and blocked off whenever it snows. I love it because I get to play hooky from work; the boys love it because without fail, some intrepid driver tries to drive up and around the street closures. This leads to engine gunning, tire rolling and ultimately one car sliding backwards down the street into any number of parked vehicles. I imagine Albert and Elvis shake their heads, sit back and share a laugh at the insanity on the street below.
And yes...I've slid backwards a time or two as well. I just hope these two furr-brains weren't watching.

5 comments:

Kea said...

Lots of good kitty TV for the boys from that vantage point. Looks like just a dusting of the white stuff from our point of view (lol) but when you're not used to snow, it can be very dangerous. Stay safe on the roads!

C'mon Cori said...

Lol...the dusting was second day and covering a layer of ice. It stayed in the 20's for three days so the dang stuff just wouldn't melt. Not that I minded. ;)

Katnip Lounge said...

How do I get a snow day? Rats!
I guess living in the desert isn't condusive to snow...

C'mon Cori said...

Ha! Move up here K Lounge! It really is the awesomest thing. A dusting of snow and some ice and we all get sent home from work. And again, I don't mind one bit!! Like Kea says, good tv for the boys and good all day nap marathon for me. heh heh...

Amy and The House of Cats said...

Wow that is crazy - I know how hilly it is out there and have always imagined driving in the snow and ice must be just awful - but lucky for me I never had to drive in it (I was a passenger once when we were out there visiting family and it snowed - wasn't really fun). And that window looks like a great place to hang out and watch everything going on - Albert and Elvis must just love to sit there for hours, even if it isn't snowing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails